Visa/residence permit information


Nationals of EU, Swiss Confederation and EEA member states (Norway, Island and Lichtenstein) countries are exempted from visa requirements. As a student coming from one of these countries, you can enter the territory of Romania by only showing your passport or identity card and you can reside here for up to 90 days.

Nationals of all the UE third countries must apply for a study visa in due time, at a Romanian diplomatic mission or consular offices. In order to get the necessary papers for visa extensions, you should contact our International Relations Office, after your arriving here.

Students who will reside in Romania for more than 90 days, need to apply for a registration certificate/residence permit. Within 59 days after the arrival to Romania, the student has to report to the Foreigners’ Registration Office in order to obtain the registration certificate/residence permit.

Documents needed when applying for a registration certificate/residence permit:

  • • certificate issued by the Erasmus Office of Transilvania University of Brașov (within one week);
  • • ID card / passport (original + 1 copy);
  • • the European Health card or a medical certificate (for non-EU students) issued by the Student Medical Dispensary of Transilvania University of Brașov (Dispensarul Studențesc) 43 Memorandului Street, Residence building 10, +40 268-413.672
  • • a statement about your source of financing covering the costs of your stay in Romania (you will receive the statement form “Declarație” at the police office);
  • • one photo;
  • • your lease agreement or contract;


The contact address is:
Foreigners' Registration Office 28, Nicolae Titulescu Street, Block C, ground floor, 500010 Brașov, Romania, Phone: +40 268 407 500/ int. 20355